Under the theme of harmony and balance, “Presence and Persistence” invites 11 teams of artists from Korea and other counties who have shown positive and creative homeostasis, including Helmo (Montreuil, France) and Miju Lee (Busan, Korea), There is also the in-house Ghost Collective (Seoul), Studio Spass (Rotterdam), Club Sans (Seoul, Reims), Bin Koh (Amsterdam), Simo Tse (Amsterdam), Dongwan Kook (Seoul), Naky Hwang (London), and TUKATA® (Incheon). Works by these artists invited from a number of cities are installed all over the exhibition venue, and Culture Station Seoul 284 connects all these different parts of the event. This part consists of leading works of Typojanchi 2021, expressing the theme “Typography and Life” in the most profound way.
Tyodi Hyojin Lee is the co-founder/creative director of TUKATA, and Hayeoung Jung is the co-founder/creative director of TUKATA, Korean lifestyle brand. They aim to reinterpret everyday objects from a new perspective and deliver new values to customers, and tries to create a happy future by delivering fresh insights and valuable experiences to customers with TUKATA’s long-lifestyle.
- Seoul, South Korea
The World’s Longest Name
TUKATA intends to reinterpret this world’s longest name, ‘Kim Suhanmu Turtle and Crane…’ in the artist’s own style and talk about the desires and symbolism that each symbol of the name stands for, by using various materials. TUKATA truly hope that the creator’s sincere wish for people’s longevity and wellness would be well delivered, evoking healthy laughter.
- Bin Koh Machines in the Private Domain
- Dongwan Kook Outbreak 900x, Stay at home please 900x
- The In-house Ghost Collective Make a Wish
- NAVER × NAVER Culture Foundation × AG Typography Institute Maru Buri, a Record of 4 Years
- TUKATA® The World’s Longest Name
- Studio Spass LIFESPAN
- Simo Tse (Simpson Tek Fai TSE) A Sun is Also a Star
- Helmo LIVING/LOVING
- Miju Lee Buddha’s Palm
- Club Sans JIM
- Filed Missing Images
- Naky Hwang Our Birthplace / Map of Our Birthplace / Weather the Day We Were Born / Our Birthplace Souvenir
- CAVA Life Contactless Typography Series, CAVA Life × Korean Society of Typography × Typojanchi, CAVA SELECTED